ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
- Process customer orders utilizing various types of equipment, such as Fed-Ex and UPS Computer terminals.
- Follow specific work instructions for packing materials in compliance with customer requirements
- Receive necessary amount of HAZ/MAT training hours
- Assist in warehouse operations.
- Monitor missing, lost and misplaced inventory.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Teamwork: works harmoniously with others to get a job done, responds positively to instructions/procedures, and works well with others
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to obtain forklift certificate and drive with safety precautions Computer keypunch experience
- Previous shipping experience (FedEx and UPS) a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must have a minimum of one to three months related experience and/or training.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds and comply with OSHA standards
Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #: 6301
Location/Region: Rockford, IL (US)