Mercyhealth is seeking a Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician to join us as an Ambulatory Faculty Member of our newly opened Internal Medicine Residency Program in Rockford, IL!
Mercyhealth is an award-winning, multi-regional, integrated health system comprising 7 hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, over 85 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 55 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 125 specialty and sub-specialty services, including adult and pediatric critical care, neonatal intensive care, neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
- Outpatient Program Faculty Opportunity with 100% of time devoted to working with the Residents
- Our Residency Program opened July 1, 2019 with 13 Residents
- We are adding Faculty as we grow the program (39 Residents per class)
- Precepting of Residents, occasional lecturing and maintaining an Outpatient Internal Medicine Practice
- The new Mercyhealth Internal Medicine Residency Program is based in Rockford, IL, just northwest of Chicago
- Patients are admitted to either Mercyhealth JBH - Riverside (Level I Trauma Center) or Mercyhealth JBH - Rockton Ave. (Level II Trauma Center)
- Our newly opened Level I Trauma Center, JBH - Riverside houses state-of-the art technology and the region's only Women & Children's Hospital
Full Time Compensation & Benefits:
Mercyhealth offers a highly competitive compensation model, along with an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid CME, malpractice and licensure
- Academic & Quality Incentives
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for Physician and family
- 100% match on 4% retirement plan contribution + additional discretionary 2%
- Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance paid 100% by Mercyhealth
- 20 days of PTO + 5 days for CME during guarantee for a full-time Physician
- Sign-on bonus and student loan forgiveness available
Rockford is the third-largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries, as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts.
Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, the Coronado Theatre, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Rockford has been recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the nation less than an hour and a half drive from downtown Chicago and Milwaukee and less than an hour from Madison, Wisconsin.
Location/Region: Rockford, IL (61107)