Join the YMCA of Rock River Valley Mission Advancement team!
YMCAYMCA of Rock River Valley
Under the direction of the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Development will organize and provide resources for the annual, capital, endowment and grant-based fundraising efforts of the YMCA of Rock River Valley. This person will assist the CAO with the creation of funding proposals, researching programs, funding and collaborative opportunities, providing grant monitoring reports, and representing the Y at meetings with community partners to help position the Y as a leader in service.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is dependent upon the skill & experience level of the employee.The YMCA of Rock River Valley offers excellent benefits including: 8% retirement; paid time off (PTO); health, dental, and vision plans; long-term disability; life insurance; supplemental life insurance; and family YMCA membership.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, and demonstrated competence in using office productivity applications, such as Microsoft Office tools. The position suits highly organized and detail-oriented individuals. Discretion, good judgment, personal motivation and the ability to work independently and collaboratively are particularly useful attributes.
1.Bachelor’s degree required
2.One to three years working in non-profit (preferably fund development) setting
3.Possess excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills
4.Demonstrated success in grant writing or fund development
5.Possess strong project management skills
6.Proficient in research and data collection
7.Proficient in all standard business software.
8.Knowledgeable about office processes and procedures.
9.Ability to work with integrity, discretion and a professional approach
10. Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Serves as a resource for Association executives and staff in implementing annual campaign strategies.
- Organizes structure and materials for Staff Annual Campaign.
- Ensures smooth, consistent operation of the Annual Campaign by coordinating available resources directly for branches within the YMCA of Rock River Valley.
- Responsible for managing requirements and deadlines for branches regarding the Annual Campaign and fundraising events.
- Assists the branches in identifying and managing prospects and various other opportunities for sponsorships/support.
- Stewards and maintains excellent donor relationships for the YMCA of Rock River Valley.
- Assists in planning and implementation of special events for the YMCA of Rock River Valley.
- Assists the CAO in creating proposals, informational pieces, newsletters and impact reports.
- Represents the YMCA of Rock River Valley at meetings and events at the request of the executive leadership.
- Runs reports in Daxko use in preparing needed dashboard and to report on key metrics.
Grants, Proposals & Donor/Foundation Relations
- Uses Foundation software to identify prospects for grant proposals for various programs within the YMCA of Rock River Valley.
- Assists in proposal development, develops grant proposals, donor requests, cases for support, etc. with the assistance of the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Works with operations and branch directors to ensure all grant-funded programs have strong programmatic and outcome-based monitoring systems.
- Assists program staff to monitor and report on outcomes for grant and contract-funded programs as required on case-by-case basis.
- Cultivates positive relationships with relevant funding entities, social service providers, and other community partners.
- Works with the CAO to implement activities pertaining to financial development, including but not limited to programs for planned and annual giving, major gifts, grants, endowments and capital campaigns.
- Implements donor communication methods and responds to donor concerns & requests.
- Implements messaging and strategies for fundraising campaigns and related development initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement:Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration:Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth:Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Location/Region: Rockford, IL (US)