In addition to the essential functions and duties listed below the ideal candidate is highly organized, familiar with best practices in construction and possesses the ability to create and implement processes and procedures and direct process improvements. This position requires someone who is a good listener, confident, has the ability to quickly earn the respect of others and operates with a sense of urgency.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
1) Provides leadership throughout a project to ensure timely and quality results, including estimate review, start-up, monthly interim and close-out meetings; builds and maintains the project schedule, identify and resolve problems.
2) Coordinates and directs all project activities with the Construction Superintendents to ensure that all milestones are met and job continuity is maintained.
3) Facilitates collaborative team processes among project participants, including architects, engineers, subcontractors and customers; submits preliminary paperwork such as introductory letters, subcontractor approvals, lump sum breakdowns of work items, etc.
4) Reviews project plans for construct-ability and cost feasibility; assists with project risk assessments and prepare scope of work matrices.
5) Formalizes and maintains the construction budget; accurately tracks all budget changes, and prepares budget reconciliations; analyzes and manages project progress, costs, budgets and cash flows; develops cost controls and track of project costs.
6) Provides exceptional customer service; develops and fosters longstanding relationships with customers, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
7) Identifies potential subcontractors and vendors for use on the project and send out initial bid invitation letters and prequalification notices; compile bidders list for review and approval.
8) Negotiates subcontract change orders, inputs and manages project budget, and ensure that required documentation is filed; Initiate project startup and closeout sheet and submit a copy to the construction department and set up and maintain project files.
9) Attend final punch list inspection and/or closeout meeting and complete final documents.
10) Maintain contact with the CFO, CEO, project owner, architect and engineer to obtain reduction of retain-age and final payment and close out job site office.
11) Participates in weekly construction department meetings.
12) Complies with all safety procedures and policies of the company; must understand and adhere to OSHA requirements in the construction industry.
13) Prepares and presents monthly project reports utilizing photographs, observation reports, schedules, and job cost reports.
14) Attends staff meetings, workshops, seminars, and assigned training.
15) Trains workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures and company policies; ensures company and safety rules are followed.
16) Performs other duties as assigned by Manager or upper management.
17) Perform all other related duties as assigned.
18) Provides coaching feedback to Site Manager and Field Engineers on a scheduled.
19) Ensures the project is in compliance with company policies and state and federal employment regulations.
20) Schedules and facilitates regular client meetings during the course of the project.
21) Determines tenant expectations and sets direction of tenant value drivers with site team.
22) Measures the success of meeting the tenant’s expectations and value drivers during the course of the project and at project closeout.
23) Work closely with leasing and site teams to ensure construction activities support tenant requirements, project schedule, safety, quality and budget.
24) Ensures the site management team utilizes professional demeanor while interfacing with vendors, subcontractors, landowners and other community members.
25) Holds primary financial responsibility for the project budget and work codes.
26) Establishes and ensures through others, the creation of purchase contracts, subcontracts and service agreements.
27) During construction, the Project Manager will regularly review the project costs against the budget; and through the cost-to-complete process accurately forecasts project costs, revenues, profits, change orders and billings to the conclusion of the project.
28) Monitors the receivables of the project to ensure a positive cash flow.
29) Ensures the site management team is accurately monitoring costs against budget, tracking and reporting quantities.
30) Regularly reviews and reports cost deviations to estimating as they occur and a summary report at project closeout.
31) Collaborates and cooperates with property management, leasing and accounting.
32) Keep current with technical developments to other managers and departments.
33) Performs additional assignments per manager’s direction.
34) Develop, read, fully understand and correlate the contract documents with the scope proposal to ensure the project is built within the scope of the contract (design, budget and schedule).
35) Responsible for correlating all major subcontracts and material with proposal scopes and the contract.
36) Facilitates the “hand off” meeting with the estimating team to appropriately plan resources (labor, equipment, vendors, subcontractors).
37) Ensures that the project is productive and efficient, Best Practices are communicated, and the project is technically sound and compliant.
A High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is preferred, PMP certification a plus. Minimum of two years' experience in commercial project management required. Four or more years or equivalent work experience as a Project Engineer in Commercial construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above is required. Work experience with commercial projects is highly preferred. Work experience in the design-build industry desired. Proficiency with Microsoft applications, in particular Word and Excel, is highly desirable.