Grande Cheese Company is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join the PM team that supports the newly expanded whey division of the Juda, WI, location. Working knowledge of electrical functions, technical understanding of food manufacturing processes, experience with PLCs, ammonia and waste water treatment systems are some of the skills we are looking for in a qualified candidate.
As our plants are highly automated, PLC and electrical skill sets are required.
If you have a strength with electrical knowledge/trouble shooting and are looking to make an impact with a collaborative, dedicated team please review the below.
4PM-4:30AM, rotating days schedule (every other weekend is required; includes premiums)
1st Major Area of Responsibility – General Maintenance (Key Duties)
- Lay out, assemble, and install intake and processing equipment, distribution, and supporting equipment, and all other processing equipment to update or replace existing equipment or update technology Maintain and repair intake, processing equipment, distribution equipment, and supporting equipment, and all other processing equipment to keep equipment running efficiently
- Dismantle intake, intake, processing equipment, distribution equipment, and supporting equipment, and all other processing equipment to prepare for repair or replacement or PM’s
- Record daily time on equipment, parts dispensed, and work orders to determine replacement parts, and estimated costs of repairs using the maintenance software
- Operate special maintenance equipment like welders, grinder, jigs, etc.
- Read and understand electrical and mechanical prints and /or flowcharts to verify correct set up and usage
- Request all replacement parts and /or equipment needed to keep production running efficiently
- Install and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers, wires, etc. to set up or repair equipment
- Install and repair pipe systems, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment to keep facility and equipment running efficiently and safely
- Build and fabricate special mechanical parts and devices to keep equipment running properly and efficiently
- Confer and work with outside vendors for facility and/or equipment repair
- Program AC drives, chart recorders, pressure sensors, and flow meters for control of motor at specific rates
- Calibrate pressure and temperature sensors and related equipment to keep accurate readings
2nd Major Area of Responsibility– Preventative Maintenance (Key Duties)
- Repair and maintain physical structure to keep facility and area looking neat and clean
- Write and monitor guide on equipment such as SOP, PM schedule, and training procedures to keep equipment running properly and efficiently using Microsoft programs
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearing, gears, and other parts to extend life of equipment
3rd Major Area of Responsibility – Trouble Shooting, Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement (Key Duties)
- Troubleshoot intake, processing equipment, distribution equipment, and supporting equipment, and all other processing equipment to reduce defects and keep equipment running efficiently
- Analyze source(s) of problems to determine root cause of problem and diagnose repeat breakdowns or malfunctions
- Confer with plant and quality management, and Associates to help diagnose problems with production and/or quality
- Troubleshoot and re-program PLC’s to keep equipment running efficiently
- Assist and coordinate special projects to reduce costs, ensure safety, and enhance quality
- Responsible for requesting items necessary for implementation of assigned projects
- Monitor all areas of operations and make suggestions to reduce costs
4th Area of Responsibility – All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Understand and follow procedures for DNR/WDA/USDA/FDA/IMS/OSHA
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three years related experience
Job Skills Requirements
- Strong math skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and CMMS
- Strong electrical concepts (demonstrated knowledge of control wiring, programming and operation of various control panels, transducers, machines, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of PLC program editing
- Strong mechanical knowledge (machine guarding, drive belt installation & alignment, seal replacements, etc.)
- Strong pneumatic & hydraulic knowledge (replace and repair; check valves; filter assembly, etc.)
Mid-size, national manufacturer of branded Italian cheeses primarily for food service consumption. Headquartered in the Fond du Lac, WI area.
In today's marketplace, a company stands alone when it can purposefully make the connection between centuries-old traditions and the modern table...and do it with undeniable passion. At Grande, we strive to be the benchmark in bridging innovation and tradition. An enterprise with a tradition of quality, and a quality of tradition.
Across every aspect of our business, from producer dairy to your palate, we are committed to establishing genuine connections with those who insist on differentiating themselves from the ordinary. Whether you are enjoying an evening out with friends at your favorite independent pizzeria or Italian restaurant, or building lasting memories with your family across the dinner table, every Grande Associate is personally engaged in helping you establish connections that are timeless...no shortcuts.