The Human Resource Generalist performs professional level human resources duties and will carry out responsibilities in some or all of the follow functional areas: employee relations, training, safety/workers compensation, employment/staffing, benefits and compensation administration, etc.
- Proactively sources, recruits, interviews and provides strong input into hiring and pay decisions. Develops and posts all open job requisitions. Determines best sourcing strategy for each vacant position and initiates job opening ad placements based on that strategy.
- Ensures all pre-employment and post-offer protocols are completed in the hiring process; including E-Verify, reference checking, background checks and other essential protocols.
- Manages all FMLA and LOA requests, administration and tracking ensuring compliance with laws and related requirements.
- Develops and maintains an onboarding process that increases retention, productivity and integration into the company culture successfully.
- Maintains HRIS database and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Leads and manages special projects, which may be large or of a significant scale, as assigned.
- Conducts training sessions with employees or leadership team as needed on a variety of topics.
- Leads and manages all workers compensation claims. Tracks and maintains workplace safety metrics, including the OSHA 300 log, and makes recommendations to management on areas needing attention or improvement.
- Leads and administers the company’s Time & Attendance program. Compiles bi-weekly time records to be submitted to corporate for payroll.
- Tracks headcount (hires, separations, LOA, etc.) and provides daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly reports as requested.
- Proactively seeks out market salary data and completes salary surveys in a timely manner ensuring accurate market data is maintained.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or other related degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 Years job-related experience in human resources.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment strongly desired
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification desired
- Knowledge of employment laws such as FLSA, FMLA, ADA, AAP, etc.
- Possess IT skills (such as MS Office, Word, Powerpoint, HRIS systems, etc.)
Zenith Cutter sells the best industrial knives in the world for countless MAKE OR BREAK manufacturing applications. In the corrugated and converting industries, our products are used to make items efficiently and effectively. In the plastics, recycling and tree care industries, our tough and reliable products break down material for reuse or repurposing.
Location/Region: Rockford, IL (US)