Essential Job Functions:
• Become a leader in a successful and fast-growing global company
• Must have 5+ years’ experience providing pump design engineering support and the below:
· Experience with centrifugal, gerotor, vane and other rotary pumps
· Knowledge of and ability to use analysis tools
· Interpret design specifications and support concept, design, documentation, analysis, fabrication and testing of pumps
· Assist in analytical evaluation of design i.e structural, fluid flow, thermal, vibration and shock Assist with creation of component and next higher assembly designs and ensure compliance to manufacturability, material, and specification requirements
· Assist in set-up, run and analysis of testing as well as prepare and deliver design reviews
· Review Drawings and Engineering Changes for design risks associated with product assembly and test
· Support design for cost and manufacturing
· Provide input to team on cost, schedule and other aspects of design
· Support investigations of manufacturing processes at suppliers
· Document standard work evidence for closure
· Provide guidance and mentorship to employees, colleagues and/or Customers
· Communicate status of products to Customer and all levels of Management
Secondary Job Functions:
At QuEST, we often challenge our team members to temporarily work outside the scope of their primary job functions to broaden their skills and help the organization. Some of these roles and opportunities include:
· Execution within multiple services
· Product Management: Execution and Support
· Technical Leadership
· Develop work instructions to ensure repeatability
· Professional Development: collaborate and mentor QuEST Team Members
· Work with Cross-functional teams
· Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
· BSME or higher with 5+ years’ industry experience
· 5+ years in design and analysis of pump design
· Must have fluid dynamics background
· Must have working knowledge of mechanical systems and understand structural, fluid flow, thermal, vibration and other knowledge of pump mechanics
· Experience with pump design industry and military standards and analysis tools required
· GD&T strongly required.
· Proficiency with MS Office, required.
· SAP experience preferred
· Experience with supplier relations in a manufacturing required
· Ability to develop and present business correspondences required
· Strong communication skills and ability to work well within a team environment but can also be self-directed when required
Personal Work Attributes
· Familiarity or interest with the aerospace industry preferred
· Self-motivated, assertive, disciplined, passionate, and organized
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Great interpersonal and networking skills
Core Value Alignment:
Customer Focus: Strive to exceed our customers’ expectations each and every time
Teamwork: Draw strength from teamwork / collaboration irrespective of geographical, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
Accountability: We shall be quality conscious, process disciplined and strive for continuous improvement.
Change Championship: The speed at which we adapt is critical to our success.
QuEST’s continued success is based on the sustained alignment to the core values. Please be prepared to discuss the alignment of your personal values to these core values.
Typical Career Paths
· Technical Leadership: provide technical guidance, review other team members’ work, evaluate capabilities, develop team competencies, develop and improve technical processes, create technical collateral, and create technical tools.
· Managerial Leadership: project management, personnel management, alignment of team members’ efforts, set and evaluates annual goals, performance feedback, hire and onboard, and strategic business decision-making.
· QuEST is a rapidly growing world-wide company with a need for future global engineering leaders in our operations and sales organizations. Potential future roles could include operational business unit leader, global sales leader, or technical service line leader.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
· Mostly Office Environments. Occasional Shop Floor involvement
· Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
· Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
· Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
· Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM
· Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
· Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.