Job Description Job #:
Rockford, IL (TFS) – Desktop Support – Job# 807394
Responsible for on-site and/or remote installation, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and/or repair of desktops, notebooks, printers, and associated peripherals; Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters.
Key details of the position:
- Hiring company: Apex Systems “Best in Staffing 2016”
- Pay: $17.00 / hour (paid weekly on W2 basis & OT = time and a half)
- Hours/Days: 8am to 5pm, Mon – Fri, Full-time
- Location: N Meridian Rd, Rockford, IL 61101
- Duration: long term, open-ended contact up to 2 years, possible extension or direct hire
- A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer has been made to the selected candidate.
- Must be able to pass a drug test (no exceptions)
- Must have you own reliable transportation and valid DL as some site to site could be likely **Note: Apex will reimburse site to site driving for .53 cents per mile!**
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and Client End User on expectations and availability to conduct Managed Client Services
- Performs trouble shooting, parts replacement, system upgrades and basic deployments & repair on Client Assets in campus/remote locations
- Identifies potential issues that could adversely impact End User experience and follows through on action steps
- Strives to meet all Client SLAs & Customer Satisfaction Goals
- Escalate to Desktop Support Site Lead on issues that impact a Client End User and/or entire operation at a given site
- When required-provides onsite shadowing to Program Field Service Team
- Serves as an entry point to develop technical and customer skills to grow into broader and more challenging field services roles
- Basic installation and maintenance to technical products
- Follows predefines procedures and tasks in everyday activities
- Work is regularly reviewed by a more senior level technical specialist
- Will be working in a clinical area and providing support for clinical applications
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 2-3 year experience in servicing/deploy computer equipment
- Must have a proven customer service background
- Must have experience in a corporate environment
- Individual will be knowledgeable of Windows operation system environment
- Able to comprehend and follow verbal and written technical instructions and scripts
- Physically able to lift and move Enterprise and Client technology hardware in our customer environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with emphasis in customer service, including experience handling difficult customer and conflict resolution
- Mechanically inclined
- Detail oriented
- Have good documentation skills
- Good with his hands and the use of hand tools such as screwdrivers and wrenches
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
How to apply:
If interested please send an updated resume (in a .DOC format please) to Ouida Noffsinger at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please include this in your subject line: “Rockford, IL (TFS) – Desktop Support – Job# 807394’
Additional perks include: CompTIA certification discounts, a business casual work environment, career development workshops through Apex Systems, technical training webinars, contractor health benefits (at a group discounted rate), matching 401K, and more!
(Note: PTO/Vacation pay is NOT included while on contract)
Apex Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 866-612-2739.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
Location/Region: Rockford, IL (US)