This purpose of this position is to pull customer orders and process for shipment.
- Pull customer orders from warehouse or other appropriate location.
- Selects appropriate shipping containers and packing material.
- Label customer orders with information required by customer.
- Maintains inventory integrity at all times.
- Packs and prepare orders into different boxes to be shipped if necessary.
- Operate forklift to load and/or unload trucks.
- Maintain neat and organized area
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Pulls order in an accurate, safe, organized, and efficient manner.
· Prepares orders as required (labeling, packaging, etc)
· Accuracy of paperwork
· Effective communication with all departments.
· Attention to detail.
· Compliance with Company Policies (i.e. Safety, Attendance, etc.)
Education and Skills:
· High School Diploma/GED
· Must be able to read, write and comprehend English
· Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
· Forklift Experience
· Familiarity with standard shipping procedures.
· Ability to working a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others.
· Materials & Equipment Used: Forklift, calculator, computer, and other standard office equipment.
· Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 40 lbs, the ability to stand & sit for long periods of times, and the ability to walk, bend, twist and stand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.
Southern Imperial was established in 1956 and incorporated in 1962 as a small, family company producing threaded wire products in a 3,000-square-foot factory. Our focus then: To develop and deliver quality products at fair prices...and to give all our customers outstanding service. Although many things have changed since 1956, what hasn't is our commitment to quality products at a fair price, all with the highest level of customer service in mind.
Southern Imperial is now uniquely positioned as a premier solution provider for the display and fixture needs of the world's top retailers. Our customers look to us to find innovation in a wide range of areas from display hooks and extruded plastic label holders to full product displays and loss prevention solutions. Our newest products have been viewed in the industry as truly revolutionary. They provide better product visibility, greatly reduce product loss, and most of all, help retailers increase sales across a wide range of product categories.
To learn more about Southern Imperial visit us at www.southernimperial.com.