The Buyer Planner is responsible for planning, negotiating and executing the purchase of parts and assemblies used in the production of neutron generators and related products. Working with project management, parts required for the generator product line are defined both in terms of specification and quantity and then are processed by the Buyer Planner through the SAP system for purchase. Approved suppliers are contacted and purchase orders are placed and expedited until delivered to the facility. The role of the Buyer Planner may be expanded to manage part specific inventory attributes and requirement schedules as the company moves into greater production.
Supply Chain Manager
• Procure component parts and assemblies for the production of neutron generators as directed by project and supply chain management. These purchased parts are primarily ‘off the shelf components’ but may also be parts unique to PNL and therefore may require price analysis and some negotiation.
• Utilize and improve the SAP process for PQ, PO and Goods receipt transactions.
• Purchase some selected approved components for PNL employees for the operation of the R&D and Laboratory activities.
• Plan Production inventory purchases as PNL moves from prototype build to manufacturing production.
• Assign inventory control attributes to items as they are released from Engineering.
• Assist in creating receiving and inspection processes in conjunction with the PNL new product development process and ISO-9001-2015 requirements.
• Assist in inventory management activities including planning, warehousing and plant layout as required
• Assist in general purchasing activities as assigned.
• BA degree or equivalent.
• 3-5 years’ experience with purchasing and related inventory control.
• Demonstrated communication and relationship management skills. Must be able to identify, acknowledge, and resolve cross functional issues both with coworkers and vendor personnel.
• Comfortable interacting with engineering groups; occasionally acting as liaison between external vendors and internal designers.
• Experience with ERP systems and data bases especially in the area of manufacturing and materials transactions.
• Must understand the usage of bill of materials and requirements planning.
• Must have mechanical/electrical aptitude and general disposition toward reading and understanding drawings and prints.
• Experience working with machine shops, contract assembly houses, PCB fab, or similar experience is desirable.
• Experience in or at least exposure to high tech manufacturing or any of the technologies related to Phoenix such as high vacuum, high voltage, plasma discharge, ion beams, industrial microwave, high precision machining, brazing, etc. a plus
• Experience in an ISO environment is a plus.
• Must have very good attention to detail and solid mathematics skills.
• Experience in continuous improvement programs a plus.
Since its founding in Madison, Wisconsin in 2005, Phoenix Nuclear Labs (PNL) has designed and manufactured the World’s strongest commercial neutron generators. PNL’s commitment to commercializing nuclear technologies for practical applications has inspired our long-term goal of producing clean, fusion energy. Our achievements have enabled PNL to market our technologies across a variety of applications within medicine, defense, and energy sectors.
PNL’s technology has advanced through several generations of products and designs over the last decade. However, it has only been within the last few years that PNL has evolved from a custom R&D shop into an industry-leading manufacturer of state-of-the-art particle acceleration and neutron generation systems.
At Phoenix Nuclear Labs, we are committed to fortifying an improved future by using nuclear science. It is our mission to provide nuclear technology for the betterment of humanity.