First shift opening available!
The purpose of the Custodian in the warehouse is to maintain a clean and organized working environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Cleaning all production areas including bathrooms, showers, lunchroom, and locker room.
- Maintain accurate housekeeping records; document and communicate supply and maintenance needs to appropriate individuals as needed.
- Operate floor scrubber and scissor lift for daily cleaning of plant floor, walls, and ceiling.
- Change filters as necessary in units such as dust collectors, furnace, AC, etc.
- Bag up soiled PPE if required by our laundry vendor.
- Maintenance checks on shop vacs and water misters in all departments. Clean as necessary.
- Forklift operation.
- Adhere to operating, health, and safety protocols.
- Additional duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to use hand tools necessary in disassembly
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Ability to perform essential duties
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to be forklift and floor scrubber certified.
Universal Recycling Technologies (URT) is a recycling company that provides electronics recycling, universal waste recycling and asset recovery solutions across a diverse range of market segments including OEMs, retailers, municipalities and Fortune 500 organizations. URT is headquartered in Wisconsin, with additional facilities in Texas, New Hampshire, New York and Oregon. All processing facilities are ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and e-Stewards® certified.
Universal Recycling Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Janesville, WI (US)