PURPOSE/FUNCTION/SUMMARY (TRAINING NEEDS)
Supervises manufacturing production employees. Plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, processes, equipment operating procedures and working conditions. Responsible for maintaining a work environment that instills a culture of Safety, Quality and On-time Delivery.
· Balances quality, productivity, safety and morale to achieve company and production goals.
· Ensures the production of parts conform to quality standards, blueprint specifications and routing requirements.
· Dispositions and reports all nonconformance’s using NCR system.
· Coordinate with maintenance for repairs on equipment to minimize downtime.
· Manages department performance measures and provides feedback and regular progress reports.
· Interviews and selects personnel for assigned Value Stream(s) or department.
· Supervises assigned employees, including; administering, performance evaluations, promotional recommendations, work schedules, merit increase recommendations and disciplinary actions.
· Effectively and respectfully works to train, coach, develop, and motivate employees to meet performance standards.
· Performs accident investigations and participates in the resolution of safety issues. Conducts monthly departmental safety inspection tours and meetings and takes corrective action on discrepancies noted or discussed. Accepts the company Safety and Loss Program. Assumes responsibility for the safety of personnel reporting to this position and enforces all safety rules and safe practice requirements.
· Maintain departments within controllable costs. Identify, research and implement labor reducing and cost reducing procedures.
· Proactively communicates with other leaders on all production activities and ensuring continuity of processes and work between shifts.
· Maintains and completes required paperwork and documentation accurately and on time.
· Participates in training programs as required.
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Possess strong leadership skills and willingness to respectfully lead and direct the team in partnership with other supervisors and Plant Manager.
· Approachable to all levels (associate through management) and seen as a role model to others
· Ability to maintain tact and composure even when faced with difficult circumstances or situations
· Possess strong internal drive for results, is a self-starter and able to manage competing priorities effectively
· Resourceful in resolving day to day issues or questions that arise for associates.
· Strong organizational skills
· Proficient knowledge of PC applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to read blueprints and knowledge of applicable measuring devices.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Manufacturing or Engineering preferred.
· Three (3) or more years supervisory leadership experience required.
· Five(5) or more years experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in a machining or fabrication environment strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with impairments to perform the essential functions.
1. Occasionally required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, and feel.
2. Regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
3. Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
4. Close vision required.
The environmental characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with impairments to perform the essential functions.
1. Loud noise levels
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements. Individuals must be willing and available for cross training in other areas of responsibilities, as determined by the Supervisor, within the scope of all federal and state laws, as well as Zenith Cutter practices and policies.
Zenith Cutter sells the best industrial knives in the world for countless MAKE OR BREAK manufacturing applications. In the corrugated and converting industries, our products are used to make items efficiently and effectively. In the plastics, recycling and tree care industries, our tough and reliable products break down material for reuse or repurposing.