Responsible to complete project requirements both in shop and at Customer location in 3 main supportive roles:
1.) Custom Fabricated Metal Products
2.) Material Handling / Ergonomic Solutions
3.) Shipping and Receiving Systems
Essential Position Requirements:
- Must be able to perform job with limited direct supervision.
- Follow all company and customer safety and quality requirements.
- Required to assist in ordering, inventorying and storing of equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Responsible for the care, safe and efficient use, and security of tools, parts and supplies.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime or weekends as needed.
- Work at higher elevations as required.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (heat, cold, rain and wind).
- Ability to adapt to changing Customer requests
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Operation of industrial equipment: Fork Lift, Scissors Lift, etc. as needed
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience preferred.
- Metal Fabrication / Welding, Basic Industrial Electrical, Maintenance experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong mechanical abilities and industrial background.
- Advanced mechanical knowledge and experience.
- Read tape measure to 1/16”.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Use a variety of tools: Hand tools, grinders / cut-off, saws, drills, leveling equipment, etc…
- Use of metal fabrication equipment: shear, brake, iron-worker, punch-press
- Familiarity with welding equipment preferred: MIG, TIG, GMAW
Required Competencies / Qualities:
- Accountability/Reliability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions and being dependable and trustworthy.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Initiative/Time Management – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal and utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines. - Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Team Player – Uses effective methods, resources and interpersonal skills to help build a cohesive team.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, using hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, ability to see, talk, and hear well.
- The employee may be required to lift to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to climb stairs, bend at the waist, twist, climb, stoop, stand, walk, grasp, pull, push, and have the full use of fingers on both hands to enable safe material handling, as well as function efficiently and safely in the outdoor work environments with exposure to weather extremes.
- The employee must be able to hear and understand verbal instructions in a shop environment, as well as effectively communicate (verbal and written) with coworkers in English.
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: