The position of Quality Inspector is critical to ensuring on-time delivery of 100% Quality parts to Precision Plus customers, through coordination with production and additional departments.
- Test and inspect products at various stages of production process and compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Select products for tests at specified stages in production process, and test products for variety of qualities, such as dimensions, performance and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Record test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- May set up and perform destructive and non-destructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- May prepare graphs or charts of data or enter data into computer for analysis.
- May specialize in particular area of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development, and administrative application.
- Examine processes and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Good written and oral communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- Knowledge of basic mathematics (arithmetic and geometry)
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Group participation skills
- Ability to read engineering drawings (blueprint reading)
- Ability to use basic and precision measuring instruments
- Knowledge of basic metalworking theory (cutting, tooling, material properties, machine tools., cutting fluids and coolants)
- Good computer skills, with accurate typing and data entry
Willingness and ability to assist in the training of machine operators and setup personnel as necessary.
A SKILLED TEAM FOCUSED ON YOU
Precision Plus operates with a focused vision:
To be the number one solution provider of machined components for our current and future partners.
To achieve that vision we build on four basic principles on innovation, respect, empowerment and integrity.
We now have 27 state of the art CNC Swiss-type machines, 8 Miyano ABX CNC Turret Lathes up to 2.5"capacity and 70 Tornos, Swiss made, cam actuated machines for very small, close tolerance work. But all this means nothing if not for the skilled craftsmen and women we work with every day. We continue to lead the industry not only in machining, but the development of the next generation of manufacturing professionals to ensure the legacy continues.
Precision Plus is blessed with a dedicated group of skilled precision manufacturing men and women with many years of experience. Our team respects and upholds Midwest values and ethics and the "Old World" craftsmanship principles that have been handed down for generations.
Our engineering team has the knowledge and expertise to see a product from concept to reality. We work closely with our customers' engineering and production teams to produce quality, cost-effective components. Our professional and knowledgeable customer service group delivers quality products on time and at a fair price.
Our management team offers a safe and clean working environment to our team and to whom we provide:
A commitment to Continuing Education
Quality Systems (ISO, 5S, CI and inspection systems)
Precision Plus is a world-class manufacturing facility which is kept at a continuous 70 degree temperature, it is well lit, smoke free and clean. We have embraced "Green" practices and recycle all our oils, metals and mineral spirits.
Location/Region: Elkhorn, WI (US)