Responsible for executing quality assurance initiatives including auditing and monitoring production processes through the use of established quality inspection methods. Must have a thorough knowledge of mechanical inspection methods. Must be a proactive problem solver with strong statistical analysis skills as well as a sense of urgency for optimizing customer satisfaction and business performance.
1. Develop and publish written quality criteria specifications and inspection documents.
2. Develop and maintain written procedures to ensure compliance to ISO 9000 standards.
3. Responsible for developing and maintaining incoming inspection criteria and conformance.
4. Supports the process optimization program including lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives.
5. Lead the corrective action process (CAR) for internal and external quality issues.
6. Lead and mentor cross-functional teams with the appropriate problem solving tools i.e. DMAIC, 8D, Fishbone, 5-why, etc.
7. Ensures that corporate quality objectives including rework, returns, and scrap reductions are achieved.
8. Analyze failures and implement corrective and preventative action to respond to customer complaints.
9. Recommend product design and process changes to improve product quality.
10. Conduct audits, create audit finding reports, and determine the proper corrective and preventative actions for those findings.
11. Utilize statistical and lean based tools to complete a variety of projects to meet business objectives.
12. Responsible for material review board and managing quality quarantine location following NCR process.
13. Perform tests ranging in complexity for evaluation of components, assemblies, and products.
14. Create and update work instructions for key processes.
15. Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
16. Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
17. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
18. Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Achieve target levels for quality metrics
· Achieve financial targets
· Effective communication and ability to work with all departments
· Ability to develop and lead a team
· Attention to detail/accuracy
· Compliance with company policies (e.g. attendance, safety, etc.)
Supervises up to five direct reports including:
· Quality Supervisors
· Quality Technicians
· Quality Auditors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (R) = Required (P) = Preferred - (Equivalent combinations will be considered).
(P) BS in Engineering.
(P) 3-5 years leading a quality team.
(P) ISO 9001 experience.
(P) Advanced Excel skills.
SKILLS (LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL, REASONING) and ADDITIONAL SKILLS
Demonstrated history of leadership, change management, process improvement, analyzing information, verbal and written communication, emphasizing excellence, attention to detail, dealing with complexity.
Southern Imperial was established in 1956 and incorporated in 1962 as a small, family company producing threaded wire products in a 3,000-square-foot factory. Our focus then: To develop and deliver quality products at fair prices...and to give all our customers outstanding service. Although many things have changed since 1956, what hasn't is our commitment to quality products at a fair price, all with the highest level of customer service in mind.
Southern Imperial is now uniquely positioned as a premier solution provider for the display and fixture needs of the world's top retailers. Our customers look to us to find innovation in a wide range of areas from display hooks and extruded plastic label holders to full product displays and loss prevention solutions. Our newest products have been viewed in the industry as truly revolutionary. They provide better product visibility, greatly reduce product loss, and most of all, help retailers increase sales across a wide range of product categories.
To learn more about Southern Imperial visit us at www.southernimperial.com.