QuEST Global is seeking one to work in various space systems programs. Individual is expected to interpret specifications supplied in DOORS into design specifications. Build, update and review compliance Matrices and generate Engineering reports.
Systems Engineer II - Product design Services
Systems Engineer will involve at a minimum the following tasks:
· Updating doors for compliance to procurement specs
· Link Specifications requirements to lower level documents in DOORS
· Updating and maintaining compliance matrices
· Creating and updating design specs, support writing test procedures and test specs
· Support customer and internal meetings as necessary
· Support testing as needed
· Support creation of customer data items
· Support creation of engineering reports
Essential Job Functions:
· Integrating customer requirement changes into System requirements
· Use Engineering tools, CAD, Schematic Capture, DOORS, Ect.
· DOORS user.
· Supporting configuration controlled tasks
· Providing project support for manufacture of production and test components
· Data collection manipulation in DOORS and report generation
· Providing progress reports/status to appropriate personnel
· Assisting with Root Cause Investigations
· Quality Notification investigation and closure
· Design documentation updates and maintenance
· Generating and managing schedules
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
· Understanding of DOORS
· Experience required 4 years minimum with the Essential Job Functions
· Strong communication skills and ability to work well within a team environment but can also be self-directed when required
· Ability to develop and present business correspondences required
· Experience working in ambiguous situations required, such as taking action when all the information is not available
· Proficient IT skills including experience of Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
· Prior experience with Aerospace Systems/ electrical products and processes is desired
· Experience with creating & review of development and qualification test procedures & reports is desired
Personal Work Attributes
· Familiarity or interest with the aerospace industry preferred
· Self-motivated, disciplined, and organized
· Position needs excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with multiple cultures and geographies
· Great interpersonal and networking skills
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
· Mix of Office Environment and climate controlled Shop Environment.
· Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
· Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
· Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
· Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM
· Have ability to use personal transportation to visit local customer locations.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Rockford, IL
Travel: Local; (>10 miles) up to 5%
Compensation Type: Competitive Salary
Status: Part-Time (potential full time)
Reports to: Project Manager