Ensures that all of the needs of assigned accounts are met. This position acts as a liaison between the Regional Account Manager (RAM), the customer, and the factory to ensure that customer needs are communicated effectively and the customer is serviced in a timely fashion. This person is assigned to territory accounts by region.
1. Handles incoming calls and customer inquiries:
· Provides product assistance such as stock status, lead time, use and application.
· Provides order status, shipping information, tracking details.
· Provides general customer/account information.
2. Submits customer quote requests, process sample, catalog and lead requests.
3. Maintains customer files.
4. Handles customer complaints:
· Researches order shortages/overages and dispositions any discrepancies.
· Processes customer requests for credit or returns.
· Communicates to appropriate internal personnel any product or non-product complaints.
5. Sets up new customer accounts.
· Enters customer orders.
· Reviews customer orders and confirmations for accuracy in price, delivery and terms.
· Acknowledges and communicates order changes internally as well as to the customer.
· Expedites customer orders as needed.
6. Calls meetings to discuss projects or orders and their respective timeliness and feasibility.
7. Reviews and discusses customer forecast needs with their respective RAM’s.
8. Provides or maintains customer specific spreadsheets as requested by customers or SI management.
9. Assists accounting with investigation of past due invoices.
10. May be required to occasionally travel to meet with customers.
11. Backs up receptionist and mail room if needed.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Customer satisfaction.
· Minimum errors related to assigned tasks.
· Compliance with Company Policies (i.e. Safety, Attendance, etc.).
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (R) = Required (P) = Preferred - (Equivalent combinations will be considered).
(P) AA or BS degree.
(P) 3-5 years customer service in a manufacturing environment.
(R) Computer literacy. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
(P) Experience with MRP or ERP systems.
SKILLS (LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL, REASONING) and ADDITIONAL SKILLS
· Detail oriented with good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS (R) = Required (P) = Preferred
This job has the following special vision requirements:
☒ Close vision: Must be able to read small words, numbers, and pictures.
Southern Imperial was established in 1956 and incorporated in 1962 as a small, family company producing threaded wire products in a 3,000-square-foot factory. Our focus then: To develop and deliver quality products at fair prices...and to give all our customers outstanding service. Although many things have changed since 1956, what hasn't is our commitment to quality products at a fair price, all with the highest level of customer service in mind.
Southern Imperial is now uniquely positioned as a premier solution provider for the display and fixture needs of the world's top retailers. Our customers look to us to find innovation in a wide range of areas from display hooks and extruded plastic label holders to full product displays and loss prevention solutions. Our newest products have been viewed in the industry as truly revolutionary. They provide better product visibility, greatly reduce product loss, and most of all, help retailers increase sales across a wide range of product categories.
To learn more about Southern Imperial visit us at www.southernimperial.com.