DESIGN / PROJECT ENGINEER
AMTEC Corporation, located in Janesville, WI, is a leading supplier of defense products to the US Government, specializing in ammunition, fuzes, firing devices, and initiators. We provide state-of-the-art facilities and equipment for our highly qualified and trained personnel, focusing on delivery of high quality products on time. To support our business and advancing technology, we are seeking a highly motivated Design / Project Engineer that will thrive in our small business, team oriented environment to pursue new technologies and overall excellence in ammunition production and development.
Education: BS – Engineering
5-10 years’ experience in product engineering / product design. Defense / Ammunition industry, specifically work on US Government development programs is preferred. Must have CAD proficiency (SolidWorks preferred).
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Reports directly to the Technical Director
• Work with the engineering team in support of the execution of both externally funded development programs and internal research and development programs
• Design new products, components, etc. to support the evolving requirements of the warfighter
• Design for producibility/affordability
• Support failure analysis / continuous improvement for current ammunition programs as required
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills and strong organizational abilities
• Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and work in a team environment
• CAD Proficiency (SolidWorks preferred)
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
• Travel (~25% average) required
• U.S. Citizenship is required as this position may need a U.S. Security Clearance
• Experience/proficiency with mechanical design and analysis tools (including FEA, etc.) is desired.
• Candidate will work under limited supervision while exercising responsibility in meeting the technical, financial, and schedule objectives of projects. As a Development Engineer, decisions are data driven in nature and require preparing technical justification and reports to a variety of management reviewers.
Please send resume or apply in person:
4230 Capital Circle
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities