The purpose of the PC disassembly technician is to take apart computers (desktop, laptop, and network equipment) and to separate the component parts by commodity type. The PC disassembly technician will enter data into AX as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Disassemble computers and related equipment
- Load and unload equipment from containers
- Distinguish between commodity component pieces per commodity data sheets and sort
- Fork truck operation
- Adhere to operating and health and safety protocols.
- Train others in PC disassembly process
- Additional duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must meet minimum security requirements of Data Control/Asset Departments
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to use hand tools necessary in disassembly
- Ability to perform essential duties
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Forklift certification required
Universal Recycling Technologies (URT) is a recycling company that provides electronics recycling, universal waste recycling and asset recovery solutions across a diverse range of market segments including OEMs, retailers, municipalities and Fortune 500 organizations. URT is headquartered in Wisconsin, with additional facilities in Texas, New Hampshire, New York and Oregon. All processing facilities are ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and e-Stewards® certified.
Universal Recycling Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Janesville, WI (US)