The candidate will oversee production process in machine shop to ensure that quality work is done in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Work to achieve continuous improvement in current production process.
- Drive costs down and productivity up using better tooling, equipment, and new technologies.
- Aid personnel in achieving good productivity on CNC equipment.
- Ensure that personnel are qualified and quality conscious.
- Monitor completion of work to be in accordance with production schedule.
- Work with engineering department to identify and correct process problems.
- Maintain data entry to ensure accurate labor reporting.
- As a member of management, this position is expected to take an active role in all safety related matters. This includes identifying all potential safety issues, putting safeguards in place, notifying upper management of all safety related issues and completing all necessary safety related documentation in a timely fashion.
- Identify alternate parts and/or processes to assist in cost savings and production emergencies.
- Monitor staffing levels and assist in hiring process.
- Personnel scheduling and attendance monitoring.
- Material handling and Quality Control functions.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma and 2-3 years of prior supervisory experience required
- 2-3years of CNC machining or machine shop experience.
- Programming and/or Set-Up experience in both Mazatrol and "G" code.
- Associate degree in business or engineering field is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- CNC Programming, tooling, and fixturing expertise.
- Create business-level written correspondence and verbally present information to internal and external customers.
- Requires job related software skills, MS Office and the ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment.
Position comes with full benefits package (Health Insurance package, 401K w/ match, paid holiday and vacation time)
Career Source is a progressive and innovative Professional Recruiting Firm. We specialize in Full-time, Permanent - Direct-Hire positions that offer excellent benefit packages. We streamline the whole recruitment process: from application, interviews to employment offers. Our talented staff has over 75 years of recruitment experience, so matching you to opportunities, based on your criteria is our main priority. Career Source handles a broad range of positions from Administrative, Engineering, Industrial, Management, Technical and Skilled Trade areas.
Location/Region: Elkhorn, WI (US)