Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center in Janesville, WI is seeking a BC/BE Anesthesiologist to join our award-winning, fully integrated health care delivery system. The anesthesiology team consists of 14 anesthesiologists, 4 CRNAs, and a host of Anesthesia Techs, RNs, and other support personnel. Enjoy the benefits of a highly skilled support staff, PM&R, pain center, and much more. Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center-Janesville is a JACHO Accredited Stroke Primary Care Center and an ACS designated Level II Trauma Center.
Mercyhealth is a multi-regional, integrated health system comprising seven hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, over 80 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 60 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 75 specialty and sub-specialty services, including neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
Basic Practice Details:
- Leval II Trauma Center
- 40 daily cases (average) with 10-12 anesthetizing locations per day
- Typically 8-10 rooms in the general OR with 2 Endo Rooms, C-Section OR, and a Cath lab/hybrid room
- Entire group rotates and works to keep their skills up in all areas (i.e. general surgery, cardiac, OB, Neuro, Ortho, Peds, ENT, Cath Lab, etc.) with CRNAs rotating to Endoscopy Suite.
- Fellowship training is not required; TEE experience for cardiac cases is a plus
- Pediatric cases are limited to healthy cases included but not limited to tonsils, ear tubes, etc.; will rarely do infants and never neonates.
- Typical work week is Monday-Friday, 7a-4p without factoring in on-call coverage; Post 1st call day is guaranteed off and pre-call days are early release days.
- Call: 1 Anesthesiologist in-house and 1 Anesthesiologist on back-up call from home 24/7 with a 20 minute response time. Total of 14 Anesthesiologists, call is 1:14 on average.
- Support Team: Anesthesia Techs in OR plus 4 CRNAs
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits with Relocation
- Sign on bonus & student loan forgiveness negotiable
- Full sub-specialty support
Janesville is a mid-sized city offering a safe, family-oriented community with excellent schools and abundant recreational opportunities. Janesville lies just 12 miles north of the Illinois border, 35 miles southeast of Madison, and 110 miles northwest of Chicago and is on the Interstate I-90 corridor providing easy access to metro areas and international airports. Janesville is Wisconsin's Park Place, with over 2,500 acres of beautiful parkland and twenty acres of breathtaking botanical gardens. Twenty percent of Wisconsin’s buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places can be found in Janesville. The community also offers live theatre, an award winning water-ski show team, and unique shopping and dining.
Location/Region: Janesville, WI (53547)