TITLE: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING
POSITION: FULL TIME with Schedule Variations
Under the direction of the Director of Nurses, acts as liaison for the facility, performs assigned nursing procedures and supervises the overall care, treatment, safe functioning, comfort and well-being of the developmentally disabled individuals at Elmwood Heights. Provides nursing consultation services to other Milestone, Inc. programs as assigned. Acts as primary nurse to an assigned group of individuals.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reliable, and prompt attendance as scheduled, demonstrating flexibility as necessary to meet individual and/or facility need.
2. Functions as a member of the IDT and recommends health/medical goals and objectives for each individual evaluating progress towards established goals and revising as necessary.
3. Actively participates in the IDT in the evaluation of admission and discharge of individuals, assisting the coordination of admissions, discharges, and/or transfers to and from the facility.
4. Establishes and maintains effective communication with individual’s parents and/or guardians, communicating changes in medication and/or health status.
5. Provides on-going direction and supervision of the facility nurses, assist with interviewing and hiring of nursing staff, assist with input on corrective actions, and commendations and evaluation of job performances.
6. Assists with the identification of individual (s) needs, consulting with the appropriate personnel to develop remedial plans to meet the needs as they arise.
7. Assists with the coordination of consultant and physician services, evaluating individual need, implementing recommendations/orders, and noting individual’s response.
8. Establishes and maintains effective inter and intra departmental/program communication, acting as liaison as needed to facilitate individual services.
9. Actively participates in various team and department meetings, promoting open communication and demonstrating positive problem solving skills.
10. Coordinates maintenance of individual clinical records, ensuring timely and correct completion of all necessary records. Including: scheduled labs, mammograms, gynecological exams and specialized testing.
11. Functions as a member of the management team, promoting positive problem solving among supervisors, nurses, and other personnel, maintaining acceptable standards of confidentiality and professional conduct.
12. Actively participates in and assist with the development of the facility’s policies and procedures related to individual(s) care.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of Public Health and Public Aid standards and advises department supervisors in regard to maintaining these standards. Reviews and acts upon reports of authorized inspecting agencies.
14. Intervenes and appropriately responds to requests for intervention regarding possible abuse, recommending and documenting corrective action.
15. Actively pursues optimum health care for all individuals.
16 Actively promotes a good community and professional relationship, representing Milestone Inc., as necessary and/or directed.
17. Acts as consultant or assists other Milestone Inc. programs with medical/health -related issues as assigned.
18. In compliance with Milestone, Inc. philosophy and policies regarding Human Rights, immediately intervenes on behalf of the individual, and investigates and/or reports any question or concerns to the appropriate personnel.
19. Will assist with medication pass when needed.
20. Actively participates in the development of annual facility goals, including recommendations for positions, quality assurance systems, and procedural revisions.
21. Actively seeks, acts as liaison, and makes necessary arrangements with community health care providers, including renewal of yearly contracts.
22. Consults with physical therapist and occupational therapist to review individual need and establish remedial plans and goals.
23. Maintains effective communication with supervisor/nurses/QIDP’s/Direct Care staff and any changes of condition with the individuals.
24. Actively seeks opportunities for continuing education units to fulfill requirements for licensure.
25. Actively participates in QA meetings and keeps records checking for trends.
26. Must be able to intervene physically in behavioral and health related crisis with individuals.
27. Assist with the nurses meeting including Agenda and self scheduling, ensuring schedule stays within budgeted FTEs.
28. Monitors schedule to ensure we are minimizing Agency Nursing assistance.
29. Assist staff in Emergency situations with finding coverage or being that coverage if necessary.
30. Along with the DON is responsible for generating the annual and semi-annual medical reports. Attend annual staffing when appropriate.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
31. Completes other duties as assigned to ensure the safe efficient operation of the facility.
Current Licensed Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Illinois.
Prefer one year experience with geriatrics/developmentally disabled.
Must be able to intervene physically in behavioral and health related crisis with individuals.
Must be able to promptly respond to any/al emergency situations.
Milestone, Inc. provides quality care to adults and children with developmental/intellectual disabilities.