- Provide inpatient consultation services in palliative care
- Facilitate clarification of patient and family goals of care
- Consult with the attending physician, interdisciplinary team, and patient to establish a written plan of care focusing on symptom relief
- Education of staff and coworkers
- Full and appropriate documentation of patient care services to support professional billing for these services
- Weekly participation in interdisciplinary team meetings to review active cases.
- Assist in the development of standards of care
Key Characteristics of the Person in this Role:
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in chronically or terminally ill patients and families regarding goal setting, symptom management, and end of life care
- The person in this position will work closely with the palliative care nurses, chaplain and social workers as a team to consult and provide care for patients needing palliative care.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent annual salary, plus incentive bonuses, along with our outstanding benefit package including: paid malpractice and licensure, health, dental, and vison, CME, relocation, matched retirement savings, and more.
- Sign-on bonus and student loan forgiveness negotiable.
Janesville is a mid-sized city offering a safe, family-oriented community with excellent schools and abundant recreational opportunities. Janesville lies just 12 miles north of the Illinois border, 35 miles southeast of Madison, and 110 miles northwest of Chicago and is on the Interstate I-90 corridor providing easy access to metro areas and international airports. Janesville is Wisconsin's Park Place, with over 2,500 acres of beautiful parkland and twenty acres of breathtaking botanical gardens. Twenty percent of Wisconsin’s buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places can be found in Janesville. The community also offers live theatre, an award winning water-ski show team, and unique shopping and dining.
Location/Region: Janesville, WI (53547)