FHN is currently growing our Hospitalist Team at FHN Memorial Hospital in Freeport, IL. FHN is an integrated healthcare network serving northwest Illinois, southwest Wisconsin, and eastern Iowa. FHN Memorial Hospital is the central hub of the network and boasts 100 beds with all private rooms. The hospital is located just 2 hours west of Chicago, in a city of 26,000 people with a service area of 95,000 people.
We are seeking Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physicians. Practicing candidates must be board certified and new residents must be board eligible. Enjoy a culture of respect and collaboration with a great team of physicians and providers.
Position highlights include:
- Day Shift 7am-7pm & Night Shift 7pm-7am
- This is a full time, hospital employed position – 7 days on/7 days off
- 2 Hospitalist Physicians and 2 NPs are on during the day time hours and 1 Nocturnist per shift. We also have a swing shift Physician 12pm-12am, daily.
- Attendance at hospital codes and rapid response calls required.
- Procedures are not required, but welcomed
- Collaborate with Nurse Practitioners
- EICU with affiliations with the University of Wisconsin. Rounding on ICU patients is required.
- EMR is Meditech
- Average number of day time admissions per physician is 3-5
- Average number of patients rounded on per day per physician is 15-18
- Average number of night time admissions is 10-12, with some cross coveras as needed
- Competitive Salary with incentive opportunities, malpractice insurance, and comprehensive benefits package
Our Community: Freeport, Illinois is in Stephenson County. The lifestyle in the area is one of comfort, welcome, and balance. Nestled in the Northwest Corner of Illinois, Chicago (about a 2 hour drive to the heart of downtown Chicago), Rockford (40 minute drive), Madison, WI (1.5 hour drive) and Dubuque, IA (1 hour drive) are close by. The area provides the balance of small city or small town living with close access to the large city amenities. The parks in the area are fantastic and both public and private schools offer great educational experiences for the next generation. The area is home to wonderful activities with great bike and running trails, parks and recreation, camping, and hunting and fishing. There are also many local wineries, monuments, libraries, theatres and museums to visit. Local restaurants boast great food in a relaxed environment.
Location/Region: Freeport, IL (61032)