Electronics Service Technician
Global Display Solutions has been at the forefront of developing and manufacturing leading edge technologies for the digital signage market. We are passionately committed to pioneering new displays technologies, while delivering total customer satisfaction in the design, manufacturing, installation and lifetime support of our display solutions. Our goal is to provide eye catching display performance at lowest total cost of ownership.
Electronics technicians help design, develop, test, manufacture, install, and repair electrical and electronic equipment such as communication equipment, medical monitoring devices, navigational equipment, and computers.
- Troubleshoot and repair a variety of LCD displays and sub-assemblies.
- Testing and inspection of incoming LCD display inventory.
- LCD Display Calibration
- Interface with Customers
- Third Party Service Organizations and other company employees to ensure our customers have a responsive service experience, including managing the follow-up on web-based service tickets.
- Utilizing and maintaining Customer Service Portal, Internal Service Database, and other reporting systems.
- Maintain spare parts inventories
- Conduct on-site installation, and service as necessary.
- Provide service training to third-party service providers
- Assist other departments when required
- Three to five years’ experience as an electronics bench technician preferably in a manufacturing environment. An Associated Degree or Military training preferred but will consider experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with electronic schematics, blueprints, and service manuals
- Familiarity with electronic equipment and hand tools. solder stations, color analyzer, digital voltmeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Must be available to travel.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and other database programs such as ERP
- Have strong computer skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Location/Region: Machesney Park, IL (61115)