Could you envision a world without power? Would civilization be able to thrive in a society without those who are passionate about bringing power to the masses? PeopleReady is now hiring for experienced Journeyman Electricians to provide energy for our clients. Journeyman Electricians will install and repair electrical components on our residential or commercial jobsites supervising a team of apprentices or other laborers. Almost every building has an electrical power, communications, lighting, and control system that is installed during construction and maintained after that. The systems that power the lights, appliances, and equipment make people’s lives and jobs easier and more manageable.
Electricians generally focus on either construction or maintenance; you may do both. They usually start their work by reading blueprints – technical diagrams that show the locations of circuits, outlets, load centers, panel boards, and other equipment. After resolving where all the wires and components will go, electricians install and connect the wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components and systems, and then test their work using ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters. Once all the tests are passed, you will make notes and records to ensure the integrity of the electrical systems that you helped implement. We would love to hire the perfect fit for this full-time position today.
- Reading and interpreting electrical blueprints or schematics
- Measuring, cutting, and bending wire and conduit using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Maintaining tools, vehicles, and equipment and keeping parts and supplies in order
- Performing semiskilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
- Troubleshooting by performing tests and using the results to diagnose problems
- Following state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code
Qualifications & Experience