Parallel Employment Group is currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer for a client located in Janesville, WI. The Senior Buyer is responsible for purchase, specification and/or bid of a wide range of products and commodities. Coordination and prior performance of activities involved with procuring goods and services, evaluating requisitions, resolving material and transactional problems with vendors, and vendor selection. This is a direct hire position.
- Analyzes purchasing requisitions to ensure clarity and completeness in description of materials and equipment, quantity and quality requirements, proper authorization of funding, delivery requirements, mode of transportation, and proper support documentation.
- Maintains a list of qualified suppliers, by commodity, approved by the project and/or department.
- Prepares and issues Requests for Quotation to qualified bidders. Analyzes bid quotations for responsiveness to Requests for Quotations, evaluating factors such as commercial terms and conditions, price, delivery, financial status, technical capability, quality control, and geographical location of shipping point.
- Negotiates, or assists in the negotiation of, best price, delivery, terms of payment and purchase conditions, tax exemptions, price escalation, and other factors impacting costs.
- Issues, or assists in issuing, purchase orders after securing required approvals.
- Makes comparative analyses of price and delivery conditions, availability, and quality of material, and new sources of supply.
- Closes out purchase orders following confirmation of the successful completion of all contractual and procedural requirements.
- Collaborates with sales colleagues, operations and external vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Selects products for purchase in support of customer demand identifies in MRP system and procurement standard operation procedures
- Manages effective product cost according to knowledge of market trends
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Approves invoices for payment/solves accounts payable issues
- May manage a small team
- 3+ years of buying experience
- Understanding of purchasing methods and inventory management concepts in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of logistics, basic accounting principles and warehouse operations
- Understanding of profitability and financial impact of purchasing decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Janesville, Wisconsin