Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
What Matters to You
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Sound Physicians is seeking a transformational leader with proven experience in building successful hospitalist teams. This candidate will have exceptional people skills and an ownership mentality. The position offers clinical shifts with dedicated administrative time. Lucrative compensation, leadership stipend, commencement bonus, PTO, full benefits package, 401K, Leadership Development program, and much more!
Swedish American Hospital is a 357-bed, non-profit, teaching hospital serving the greater Rockford region, northern Illinois, and southern Wisconsin. As a division of the University of Wisconsin Health, Swedish offers patients local access to many world-class specialists. The hospital is also the largest regional cancer center and the only heart hospital in the region and has achieved Magnet® recognition as a reflection of its nursing professionalism, teamwork, and superiority in patient care
Location and Lifestyle
- An established team of 22 physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists will assist with codes on their own patients and be a part of rapid responses
- No call environment
- Open ICU; Admit into ICU but critical care consult required and they will do all procedures
- Procedure experience is not required
- Board certification in internal medicine with 4+ years of hospitalist leadership experience required
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Rockford, Illinois is located 90 miles NW of Chicago and has a population of just under 150,000. There is a small-town friendliness mixed with vibrancy from a richness of natural sites and intellectual institutions with diverse cultures and businesses. Rockford offers an excellent place to live, work, and play. Rockford has fantastic schools, a local symphony, a community theatre, and a university.
Location/Region: Rockford, IL (61104)