36490 Position Type
(US)Full Time Career Function
Purchasing/Procurement Recruiter Posting Type
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless. About Kerry
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. About the role
The Category Procurement Manager actively participates in the strategic sourcing activities for the America’s Region, with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service levels. What would you do?
· Sets strategy and leads category sourcing activities in the America’s Region
· Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability/price, and prepares market analysis reports.
· Oversees all activities related to procurement of a material, from intent to purchase through delivery of the material
· Vendor selection and negotiation process for regional vendors
· Negotiates complex requests for materials.
· Ensures categories are contracted in line with the sourcing strategy to avoid maverick buying
· Ensures master agreements are properly codified into local contracts for the region
· Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications
· Develops and utilizes a system to evaluate vendor quotations with the appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service. What will you need to be successful?
· Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Economics, Business, Finance or Food Science are desirable
· 5-8 years of food industry and buying experience
· Sugar, Cocoa, and Commodities purchasing experience strongly preferred
· Purchasing and Supply Chain management experience
· Ability to get buy-in and commitment from stakeholders
· Strong communication skills; successful candidate will work with Kerry co-workers in multiple functions and locations as well as outside vendors. What is in it for you?
· Strong Teamwork culture
· High Exposure to Kerry´s key manufacturing sites in North America
· Remote work as an option with around 20-25% travel involved
· Great Benefits Package
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here . Additional information can also be here .
Location/Region: Beloit, WI