A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. About the role
This position is responsible for leading a centralized team that is accountable for supporting company internal and external warehousing operational and returnable packaging activities, and to develop a strategy for plant warehouses to implement and maintain best practices, employ inventory management techniques, and report/monitor supplemental financial/performance metrics in order to ensure the best possible cost, while meeting the unique service needs of our customers.
This position is responsible for collaborating with cross functional partners to develop and execute strategies for the company’s warehousing spend and related logistics activities. Reporting to the Indirect Procurement Director, the Manager actively participates in the strategic sourcing activities for the America’s Region, with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service levels. This position leads execution of regional strategies and is accountable for implementation of cost optimization initiatives (PIPs). What would you do?
· Leads category sourcing activities for warehousing and storage spend
· Reviews requirements from internal and external customers to determine key supplier characteristics.
· Analyzes market conditions to determine present and future pricing and supply, prepares market summary for finance and business units.
· Selects vendors, negotiates pricing and supports continuous improvement and corrective action initiatives.
· Negotiates complex requests for materials and services.
· Develops sourcing and implementation strategy consistent with Kerry quality, service and financial goals.
· Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
· Support Logistics Procurement in the strategic sourcing of leased and public warehouses, RTP sorting locations, and resort/repack operations while overseeing the onboarding process of new vendors. What will you need to be successful?
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or a related field
· 5+ years’ experience in procurement or warehouse management or a related transportation category.
· Must be able to travel as necessary.
· Must have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Must be able to do advanced analysis using Excel.
· Strong Experience on Strategic Sourcing, Vendor and contract management
· Experience managing transportation vendors, containers, warehouse from 3rd party suppliers
· ERP Management – SAP is preferred
· Experience working with E-sourcing tools such as Coupa, Ariba is a plus
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here . Additional information can also be here .
Location/Region: Beloit, WI