Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Generalist, Human Resources, you will communicate workplace goals and deliver appropriate action plans for implementation. We’ll count on your skills and experience to be a champion of our company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations, and a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide employee relations guidance to employees and management within scope of position; identify and actively respond with sensitivity to the needs of employees and business unit leaders
- Oversee the day-to-day support of Human Resources (HR) transactions in collaboration with a shared services team
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations; assess, communicate, interpret, and administer updated HR policies and procedures to assigned area
- Deliver benefits information to employees based on company handbook/policies and procedures; ensure fair, equitable and consistent application of all company policies and procedures
- Assist with investigating a variety of employee-related issues, incidents, and complaints; resolve disputes and recommend appropriate/remedial actions
- Support HR Recruiting team and hiring managers by interviewing, presenting offers, facilitating candidate logistics, scheduling onboarding, and administering the training/orientation process
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs or information regarding HR policies, procedures, or information
- Support a values-driven environment through consultation and service regarding employee engagement activities
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of experience as a HR generalist or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with basic business and customer service principles, including planning and organizing, resource management and leadership skills
- Experience with FMLA, LOA and other state and federal employment laws
- Experience supporting employee relations and strategic HR initiatives; handling sensitive, complex, and confidential information
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of payroll software, HRIS programs and Microsoft Office
- A valid driver’s license
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend work; travel 25-50% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- PHR/SHRM certification
- Experience building solid partnerships with leadership
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Location/Region: Rockford, IL (61109)